Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year!


In Argentina, there is a tradition to cook nejayote for Leap Year, on the 29th of February, which are homade noodles (more like little balls of bread) rolled in flour, and served in a homade tomato sauce, and under all the plates at dinner every person has some money, about five pesos which amounts to a little more than a dollar in the United States. I met some of Lu´s friends today (my oldest sister), and we went down to the laguna (lake in my town) to have tedero (cold mate with Tang) and talk in rapid Spanish, except for me. They asked me about Yellowstone volcano, because they had seen the doomsday film 2012 and thought that there really was a volcano in the part that killed millions of people. There are also stray dogs all over the city, and about five (one with only three legs) followed us almost all the way home, until we got on a bus. I also had to explain the line in Party Rock Anthem (by LMFAO) "Every day I´m shuffling", as well as pronounce the name of the group. It was very fun.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks like an Italian dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! Good luck explaining pop songs! I remember being in Switzerland trying to explain "I'm a maniac for your love" in broken German-I think I failed, but they all appreciated the effort!

    ReplyDelete