Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Birthday

My host parents and me
Flowers on top of my cake
that I made in my cooking
class

 Yesterday was my birthday-- I turned 17! My host family had a great party for me and my host mom made me a wonderful doughnut shaped cake with dulce de leche frosting and chocolate chips inside, as well as frosting flowers on top that I made in my cooking class here. All my friends from school came over and we ate lots of foods and different cakes, played cards, and listened to music. My liaison from AFS came over and had made me a coconut cake. Another lady from AFS came over and brought me high end dulce de leche that she tells me I am not allowed to share with my family. My family gave me some jogging pants that all the girls wear here, and my parents even managed to send beautiful flowers, even though they live in Utah and don´t speak Spanish :). I also got their package today, with a singing card, a picture of them, perfume, gum, earrings, and a summer reading book. Love you all!
The cake my host mom made me! Vanilla cake,
with chocolatechips and dulce de leche
 frosting. I made the flowers on top in my
cooking class.

Little toasted bread things that they
call chips here

My cake and me !
The coconut cake my AFS liaison made for me



Playing cards after having cake

Group photo!

Outside in the yard

Lots of cakes!



f
One of my dogs. And his stick.
Little sandwiches for actual food--ham, cheese, and tomato
My parents sent these! They did it online, and they´re from
a florist in Argentina! Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! It looks like a lot of fun, and your flowers are lovely on your cake.I'm so glad your present finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete