 |
| Portuguese chicken, which I made at Laura´s house. |
 |
| Dispenser for soda water |
 |
| Pollo portuguesa, or Chicken in the style of Portugal |
 |
| My bed at Laura´s house. |
 |
| My host dad´s father, who is ninety four this year |
 |
| Dancing with some enthusiastic old relative I met at the party. |
 |
| Me and baby Emma. |
 |
Empanadas, sandwiches and pizza. The JQ on the
empanadas stand for jamón y queso, or ham
and cheese. |
 |
| Wine. |
 |
| Three month old baby Emma. |
 |
The party center where we went to
celebrate the party. |


Laura is a lady with AFS (my exchange organization) who I am staying with this weekend, because my family is going on a trip to visit the same relatives in the countryside that I wrote about before, but I am actually leaving on a two week long trip to the North of Argentina on Wednesday so decided to stay behind and get some things done here. On Saturday we also went to a birthday party for the mother of my host dad and had lots of food and loving Argentine relatives who are more touchy than you can imagine. At Laura´s house, I have made a yummy yellow cake from a recipe of her great grandmother, portuguese chicken, in a type of tomato sauce with onions, garlic, herbs, peppers, and potatoes, and lots of different types of very yummy pizza, including one shaped like a roll. We have also eaten lots of desserts, with the primary ingredient always being dulce de leche. I also bought my bus tickets to get to Salta, the city in the north where I am meeting other AFS students and am very excited for that trip.
 |
Cow tongues is what these are. This is why you eat something
and digest properly before you ask what it is. They are
more of a summer food-- served cold in lots of oil and herbs.
Actually quite yummy, but would be less so if
I had known what they were. |
No comments:
Post a Comment